Wednesday, February 29, 2012

An afternoon at the Gorge



It’s been a while, a month to be exact, since I even thought about updating the blog. Am I getting disinterested? God, no! Just that “pressure” has been getting to me.

[For those who are interested, I have to calculate the local pressure in a spherically symmetric atomistic system that is both heterogenous and in thermal non-equilibrium; and, the freaking math does not add up. If you have got a clue, do let me know.]

Anyway, I happened to visit a nearby gorge in a short afternoon stroll with the Photo Club last weekend. I haven’t been there before in spite of living close by for over 2 years. What a shame! Here are the pics.

A "hermit" meditating near the mini-falls. No kidding! He was practicing some new-age meditation technique, shouting his lungs out.

No doubt that was the last thing we expected to see; at least I haven't seen such randomness before in my 2 years here.





Location: Poestenkill Gorge Park, Troy, NY
Anyway, March is here and hopefully I'll keep y'all posted more often.  Cheers and until next time.


17 comments:

  1. Nice post man :) Add location information also..people might be interested :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mucha. It's very close to campus. That's why I didn't mention it explicitly. Will do.

      Delete
  2. Wow, this is so dreamy and incredible. I can spend endless hours listening to the water fall. Hopefully next time you find such cool pics, you upload them in a post with some descriptive prose too. It'll give a different feel...thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Have only been doing photo posts for a while. Been wanting to write something but still bitten by the laziness bug, I guess. One day I'll get the mojo back.

      Delete
  3. That looks amazing. I've been cramped up in this small townhouse all winter long, and I've been dying to get out into nature again. This looks like the perfect place. Now, if only it wasn't 1000 miles away...

    ReplyDelete
  4. That guy's voice must've been echoing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Echoing; oh yes... It took all of us by surprise.

      Delete
  5. Thank you so much for the award. :) Means a lot to me, honestly. Shall put it up soon. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Welcome back after a long long time. Looks like an amazing place. Hope you will be posting more often.

    Congratulations for the award and for being the notable newbie...:)

    And, thank you for passing on to me. Truly honored. :) :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. ultimate….
    mumbaiflowerplaza.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Amazing the visit was worth…
    keralaflowerplaza.com

    ReplyDelete